Sunday, October 27, 2013

Boston Book Festival 2013


Last weekend I went to the Boston Book Festival and got to seem some great authors. I couldn’t possibly describe how awesome it was so I’ll let the pictures do the talking along with some highlights.

  • I got to listen to a great panel entitles YA: Legends Revisited with Maggie Steifvater, Nancy Werlin, Shelly Dickson Carr, and Marissa Meyer. They talked about their favorite fairy tales and legends when they were kids and how they incorporated old fairy tales in their own worlds.

  • I got my copy of Scarlet signed by Marissa Meyer. We talked a bit about NaNoWriMo and how she will be holding a contest for anyone who can write more words than she can. She was nice enough to take a picture with me.

  • I also got my copy of The Scorpio Races signed by Maggie Steifvater. I haven't read anything by her yet, but from the description, I'm really excited to get started on The Scorpio Races. It sounds like an amazing book. If I like it I'll pick up her many other books, such as Shiver and The Raven Boys. Her line was super long so I just took a picture while she was signing

  • I also went to to a panel YA: Other Worlds with Alexandra Coutts, Lissa Price, and Jessica Khoury. It was amazing to hear these women talk about writing, science fiction and YA literature. I haven't read any of their books yet but after hearing them speak I will definitely be picking them up.

  • Finally, I went to a panel with Newbery Medalists Jack Gantos, Rebecca Stead, and Kate DiCamillo. They each talked a bit about their writing and their books. I had only read (and heard of) Kate DiCamillo before so it was interesting to hear from some newer middle grade books. I've been away from the genre for a while to it's great to hear what's popular these days.


I also got books signed by Kate DiCamillo, Rebecca Stead, and Jessica Khoury but I was so star-struck that I forgot to take pictures.

Overall, it was a great experience. Not only did I get to meet some amazing authors but I got to talk to other people who love books just as much as I do. I had lots of fun and I hope to go again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment