Monday, January 6, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0

Bout of Books


I first heard of Bout of Books back during their 8th run over the summer but at the time I didn't have time to participate. Now, though, I'm on winter break and I have exactly a week left before I head back to school. This is the perfect time for a read-a-thon!

For those of you who haven't heard about Bout of Books before, here's a little blurb straight from their website explaining what exactly Bout of Books is all about
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

My Goals

Now for the fun part, my goals for the read-a-thon. My goal is to read every day, whether it be 10 minutes or 10 hours. Ideally, I'd like to read all the books on my Bout of Books TBR list but just making a dent in the pile of books would be enough for me.

My Books


  1. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas [420 pages]
  2. Something Strange and by Susan Dennard [388 pages]
  3. Unwind by Neal Shusterman [335 pages]
  4. The Moon and More by Sarah DesseDeadly n [435 pages]
  5. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken [488 pages]
  6. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld [440 pages]
I think this might be a little ambitious, especially since I probably won't be reading much tomorrow but I'm excited to try!

Now I always have trouble deciding what to read next so I've left that up to the fate of what my tumblr followers decide. Right now I'm currently reading Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas and as determined by popular demand, I will be reading The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken next.

Updates

I will continue to keep you updated as the week goes with (hopefully) daily updates at the end of each day. I'll post how many pages I read that day and how many books I've completed to date.

So now to get reading! Wish me luck and if you are participating in Bout of Books 9.0 let me know below in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. I have Unwind checked out from the library as well! Looks like you have a great pile of books to choose from. Good luck and happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited for Unwind, I've been wanting to read it for a while now.

      Delete