Tuesday, April 15, 2014

New Release Tuesday...The Ones I'm Psyched For [13]

Frozen (Taken #2) by Erin Bowman

Summary
The Heists were only the beginning.

Gray Weathersby escaped from the primitive town of Claysoot expecting to find answers, but what he discovered shook him to the core: A ruthless dictator with absolute power. An army of young soldiers blinded by lies. And a growing rebellion determined to fight back.

Now Gray has joined a team of rebels on a harsh, icy journey in search of allies who can help them set things right. But in a world built on lies, Gray must constantly question whether any ally—or enemy—is truly what they seem…

I liked Taken, the first book in the trilogy, but as I mentioned in my review, it really did feel like it needed a sequel, which is finally out! I think there is so much potential in this great series and I'm really excited to see where author Erin Bowman takes the characters in Frozen.

Check out my review of Taken.
Check it out on Goodreads.
Check out author Erin Bowman's website.

Sunrise (Ashfall #3) by Mike Mullin

Summary
The Yellowstone supervolcano nearly wiped out the human race. Now, almost a year after the eruption, the survivors seem determined to finish the job. Communities wage war on each other, gangs of cannibals roam the countryside, and what little government survived the eruption has collapsed completely. The ham radio has gone silent. Sickness, cold, and starvation are the survivors' constant companions.

When it becomes apparent that their home is no longer safe and adults are not facing the stark realities, Alex and Darla must create a community that can survive the ongoing disaster, an almost impossible task requiring even more guts and more smarts than ever — and unthinkable sacrifice. If they fail . . . they, their loved ones, and the few remaining survivors will perish.

This epic finale has the heart of Ashfall, the action of Ashen Winter, and a depth all its own, examining questions of responsibility and bravery, civilization and society, illuminated by the story of an unshakable love that transcends a post-apocalyptic world and even life itself.

This is one of my most anticipated books of this year because it is the last book in such an amazing series! I received an early review copy, but I haven't had a chance to read it. Regardless, I will be buying myself a hard copy because this a series I know I'll be re-reading.
[Note: this book was actually released March 17th but because of a mix-up, the release date still appears as today in many sources]

Check it out on Goodreads.
Check out author Mike Mullin's website.

Other notable new releases

  • To All The Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han - I read an extended excerpt this past weekend and all I can say is I cried out in frustration when I couldn't read the rest of the book.
  • What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick - I absolutely loved My Life Next Door and I can't wait to see what Fitzpatrick brings to the table with her newest book.
  • The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith - I've really enjoyed both of Smith's previous books. They are feel-good books that put a smile on your face and I'm sure this one will be no different

No comments:

Post a Comment