Tuesday, March 4, 2014

New Release Tuesday...The Ones I'm Psyched For [7]

Panic by Lauren Oliver

Summary
Panic began as so many things do in Carp, a dead-end town of 12,000 people in the middle of nowhere: because it was summer, and there was nothing else to do.

Heather never thought she would compete in Panic, a legendary game played by graduating seniors, where the stakes are high and the payoff is even higher. She’d never thought of herself as fearless, the kind of person who would fight to stand out. But when she finds something, and someone, to fight for, she will discover that she is braver than she ever thought.

Dodge has never been afraid of Panic. His secret will fuel him, and get him all the way through the game, he’s sure of it. But what he doesn't know is that he’s not the only one with a secret. Everyone has something to play for.

For Heather and Dodge, the game will bring new alliances, unexpected revelations, and the possibility of first love for each of them—and the knowledge that sometimes the very things we fear are those we need the most.

I'm excited to read another contemporary YA by Lauren Oliver. I really enjoyed Before I Fall when I read it about a year ago and I enjoyed her Delirium trilogy. I've been anxiously awaiting Panic and I can't wait until my copy arrives in the mail.

Check it out on Goodreads.
Check out author Lauren Oliver's website.

The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass #0.1-#0.5) by Sarah J. Maas 

Summary
Celaena Sardothien is Adarlan's most feared assassin. As part of the Assassin's Guild, her allegiance is to her master, Arobynn Hamel, yet Celaena listens to no one and trusts only her fellow killer-for-hire, Sam. In these action-packed novellas - together in one edition for the first time - Celaena embarks on five daring missions. They take her from remote islands to hostile deserts, where she fights to liberate slaves and seeks to avenge the tyrannous. But she is acting against Arobynn's orders and could suffer an unimaginable punishment for such treachery. Will Celaena ever be truly free? Explore the dark underworld of this kick-ass heroine to find out. 

I've been holding off on buying the ebook versions of the Throne of Glass novellas since I heard about the hard cover bind-up and let me tell you, it's been hard! I can't wait to go back into the world of Celaena Sardothien.

Check it out on Goodreads.
Check out author Sarah J. Maas's website.

Other notable new releases

No comments:

Post a Comment