Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Year of Books, Books, and More Books: My 2014 Wrap-Up

Overall, it's been a good year for reading. There have been great months and there have been not so great months but regardless, I've read some pretty fantastic books in 2014. One hundred and thirty-one (131) to be exact! That's 31 more than the original 100 book goal that I set at the beginning of the year. While I was hoping to finish one last book before the year is over (I have a think for even numbers) I'm still proud of what I did read.


As a math nerd, I love keeping track of what I'm reading beyond just how many books I've read each month. I won't bore you with a long list of plots and pie charts so I'll just give you the highlights:

  • My best month: June and July (18 books both months)
  • My worst month: November (2 books)
  • My most read genre: Contemporary (41 books)
  • My least read genre: Non-fiction (1 book)
  • My average rating: 4.11 stars
  • The shortest book: Life Before Legend by Marie Lu (38 pages)
  • The longest book: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (725 pages)
  • Average number of pages per book: 345 pages

One thing I have noticed is the longer I've been blogging and immersing myself in the book blogging world, the more selective I've been about the books I'm reading. I've gotten to know what's out there and have become better at gauging books that I think I'll like. Of course, I still branch out and sometimes I find a gem, which is always excited. 

I hit a bit of a reading slump during the fall months but I'm happy to say I am back and better than ever! So here's a toast: to reading, to books, and to 2014! And my 2015 bring many more good books into our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment