Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bout of Books 12.0 Day 2

Second Day Recap


Pages Read Today: 360
Total Pages Read: 600
Books Read:
  • The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper
  • All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr 
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling.

I finished up All The Light We Cannot See early in the morning before bed and I have to say I absolutely loved it! Even though it's just January I know it's going to be one of my favorite books of the year. I was originally planning on reading Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater next but I decided I needed something a bit lighter after such an intense read. I decided to reread an old favorite -- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I started rereading the Harry Potter series late last year and hope to continue this year. Reading the Harry Potter series is like the book equivalent of going back to your childhood home. I wanted to try to finish the book before the day was over but alas, I fell about 100 pages short.

I also completed the Top Ten Book Recommendations Challenge, visited some more blogs, and talked to some fellow participants on Twitter (I'm basically stalking the hashtag on Twitter). Looking forward to another day of reading tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed All the light we cannot see. Such a beautiful book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was such an amazing book! I checked out your blog and you've read quite an impressive amount as well, congrats! Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon!

      Delete
  2. I loved All the Light We Cannot See when I read it last year! Glad to hear you liked it too :3 I feel the same way about Harry Potter books and hopefully get to re-read them again some time this year. I'm stalking the hashtag too! It's so much fun to see what other people have read! Happy read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are points in the day when I spend more time on twitter than reading, lol! Happy reading and good luck with the res t of the read-a-thon!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a productive Day 2! Hope you are having fun. Here's how my Day 2 ended up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I checked out your blog and it looks you've had a quite a productive read-a-thon so far. Good luck with the rest of it :)

    ReplyDelete