Sunday, July 1, 2018

July 2018 TBR

New month, new TBR! Last month was such a good reading month, so I have high hopes for July. I'll be travelling a bit but aside from regular grad school lab work I'll be pretty free to read. That of course means another ambition TBR. I certainly have a habit of setting high expectations for myself. This month

I'll be participating in the Tome Topple read-a-thon, so I made a specific TBR for that. I'll mention those books here, but check out my TBR post for more details. I'm also planning on participating in the 24 in 48 read-a-thon. With both of these read-a-thons this month I really think I'll be able to get to all of these books, and possibly even more. I always like to keep my options open since I tend to be a mood reader.


  • A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab || This is one of my Tome Topple reads and one of the books I really wanted to get to this year. I've actually already started it and I'm about 120 pages and I'm already loving being back in the Shades of Magic world.
  • Games Wizards Play by Diane Duane || Another Tome Topple read! I can't wait to get lost in the Young Wizards world again. Over ten years since I read the first book for the first time and I still love this series to pieces.
  • The Masterpiece by Fiona Davis || Shout out to the First to Read program hosted by Penguin Random House for giving me the opportunity to read an advanced copy of this book. Looking forward to this historical fiction book coming out in August. 
  • The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth Wein || I was inspired by my last Top 5 Wednesday post to actually put one of the books from the list on my July TBR and this seemed like the perfect pic. I think The Pearl Thief will be a great historical fiction to break up the three large fantasy books on my list
  • Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief by Wendelin Van Draanen || I recently spotlighted Wendelin Van Draanen on the blog without realizing that it's the 20th anniversary of the Sammy Keyes series. I think that very much calls for a re-read of one of my favorite series, so I'm picking up the first book this month. 

What are you guys planning on reading this month? Any book you're particularly looking forward to? Let me know down in the comments!

Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment