Wednesday, August 1, 2018

July 2018 Wrap-Up

This month was a personal best for reading -- eighteen books in one month! I finally got on target for my Goodreads Reading Challenge and as of today, I am actually 12 books ahead of schedule. I am still actually in shock that I was able to read that many books in one month.

It definitely helped that I participated in a couple of readathons this month: Tome Topple and the 24 in 48 readathon. It also helped that a large chunk of those books were rereads of one of my favorite childhood series, the Sammy Keyes series. Those books are pretty fast reads and I listened to a majority of them on audiobook during my walk to and from work. Either way, I'm feeling really good a bout my reading this month!

Unfortunately, blogging fell a little by the wayside this month. I had a particularly stressful month at work and reading became my escape from that, but blogging not so much. I have a couple of reviews queued up for early August and I'm hoping to get a series review in for Sammy Keyes once I finish the last four books in the series.

Without further ado, these are the books I read in July:


I read four out of the six books from my monthly TBR. Not bad for a mood reader, if I do say so myself. I managed to knock out one book from my TBR shelf (A Conjuring of Light) and read one ARC (The Masterpiece). The Book of Essie wasn't originally on my TBR for the month, but my library hold came in so I wasn't going to pass it up. I'm also currently in the middle of Games Wizards Play by Diane Duane and A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. 

So yeah, overall it was a fantastic reading month! I really feel like I'm back into the swing of reading after my reading slump earlier in the year. It's become the thing I want to do when I get home from work, rather than watch YouTube or Netflix. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I missed reading, so I'm glad to be back. I'm really hoping to blog more next month and with all these books I'm reading I definitely won't lack things to talk about!

What was your favorite book that you read in July? Did you manage to stick to your TBR or have you given up on those completely? Let me know down in the comments!

Happy reading!



2 comments:

  1. 18 books!! I'm so jealous. Listening to audiobooks has really upped my numbers, but I still tapped out at 6 this month. My worst year was 25 books in 2014 because it was my junior year I have college and I had just transferred!

    I wish I could follow a TBR but I am also at the library's mercy. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these ones! I LOVE the Young Wizards series, gotta pick the next one up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually read about six books a month, July was definitely an anomaly. I read zero books in March because I was in a huge reading slump.

      I've also recently started going to the library more often and putting books on hold, which usually means I always have a few non-TBR books in my wrap ups, haha! I already have a review up for The Book of Essie and I'm planning a series review for Sammy Keyes and The Shades of Magic series so if you're interested keep an eye out for those, and a review of The Masterpiece.

      Delete