Friday, July 20, 2018

24 in 48 Readathon TBR

Oops, it's been a minute, hasn't it? I've been doing a lot of reading, but not a lot of blogging. I think that's because a lot of my reading has been re-reading, so I don't have as many new books to review. I'm going to catch up on my reviews soon, but not this weekend. Which brings me to the point of this post -- the 24 in 48 Readathon!

This will be my first time participating and I'm super excited! My boyfriend is gone for a majority of the weekend, and as much as I love him, I never get as much reading done when he's around.

There are a few books I'd like to get to, although I think I'm probably being a little ambitious for one weekends worth of reading.



From the readathon website, here's a breakdown of what this readathon is all about:
If you’re new to 24in48, this is the basic gist: beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, participants read for 24 hours out of that 48-hour period. You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, four hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six four-hour sessions with four hour breaks in between, whatever you’d like.

I threw together my TBR kind of last minute and I'm not even sure if I'll stick to it but these are the books I'm hoping to get to:

  • Sammy Keyes and the Dead Giveaway by Wendelin Van Draanen || If follow me on Twitter or Instagram (and you totally should if you aren't already *shameless plug*), you probably already know that I've been binge reading this series for the past week. I'm pretty much getting through a book a day (thank you audiobooks!) and I plan to continue this weekend. I only have The Dead Giveaway on my actual TBR but I think I'll probably read at least one more as well.
  • Red Clocks by Leni Zumas || This is the main book I want to get to this weekend as it's due back at the library on Monday. I know this book was all over booktube a few months ago and I've been wanting to pick it up for a while so I'm really looking forward to it
  • Games Wizards Play by Diane Duane || If I finish Red Clocks, I'll be picking up Games Wizards Play next. It's on my July TBR and it's been on my TBR shelf since it came out in 2016 so it's about time I finally pick it up. 
  • *The Masterpiece by Fiona Davis || I'm actually currently reading this one and I'm planning to finish it tonight (Friday) before the readathon starts but if I don't then obviously I'm going to read it before anything else.

Let me know down in the comments if you're planning on participating and what books you're planning to read! And there's still time to sign up if you're interested in joining in.

Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment