Saturday, June 9, 2018

TBR Shelf

Ah, the TBR shelf. Those books that we think about every time we're browsing the book store or scrolling through Amazon looking at new books. "I really should read more of the books I already own," we think to ourselves, before inevitably buying that shiny new book that was just calling our name.

I've been guilty of this more times than I can count, so at the beginning of this year, I decided to go through my shelves and write down every single unread book I own in one of the blank pages of my planner. I personally don't have a separate shelf for TBR books, so I wanted a visual representation of all my TBR books, both physical and digital. Then, as I read books from my TBR shelf, I highlight them in bright yellow.


So far, I've done a pretty good job, if I do say so myself. Out of the twenty books I've read this year, sixteen of them are from my TBR shelf. Of course some new books have been added, but I've been pretty good at reading them almost as soon as I get them. I'll be checking in every few months to update you guys on my progress and then of course at the end of the year you guys can see how well I've done.

How do you guys keep track of your TBR books? Do you have a separate shelf? Or do you keep a list somewhere, like Goodreads or a bullet journal? Let me know down in the comments! I always like seeing how other readers organize their books.

Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment